- We are in a $50 billion market that is going through a significant transformation. Yes, $50B…. this is the largest software market. Everything is moving to the Cloud, and for this, our customers need an enterprise-ready database. This is basically NuoDB. We are a software company that develops the next generation database for the cloud.
- We are a bunch of smart people highly dedicated, very professional, but still cool and approachable.
- Our main office is in Cambridge. Alewife to be precise. We have offices in Dublin, London, and Sofia.
- Benefits: we offer great perks, like vacation, fun company events and the rest of the stuff you might expect.
- Culture… who are we? See below….
So, Sound interesting?
Ok. Got it. Tell me more
The perfect candidate will continuously search for innovative ways to enhance the NuoDB experience for customers through tooling, best practices, technical expertise, and repeatable processes. The Customer Experience Engineer will advocate for the “voice of the customer” to product management, sales, engineering, and services.
- You think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help customers realize the investment, advantages, and innovation available with NuoDB.
- Customers matter to you, and guiding them to success gives you a personal sense of achievement.
- You are always thinking about ways to work smarter by developing and sharing new operations, processes, scripts, and tooling.
- You work well with and enjoy mentoring others, recognizing that your combined strengths will help ensure customer success, as well as, team and corporate success.
- Develop and evangelize tools, operations and best practices that will minimize customer risk and enable the proactive identification of issues before they are raised by the customer
- Identify common challenges across all phases of the NuoDB customer journey and work with cross-functional teams to solve, improve and automate
- Serve as a primary, technical point of contact for premier customers as you establish a business and operational understanding of their environment and address their support requests
- Acts as a resource, coach, and mentor, including serving as a functional resource to staff and customers; identify knowledge gaps and trends to develop training and build the skills of fellow engineers
- Maintain NuoDB subject matter expertise on existing and planned technologies, including related products and services
- Provide detailed assessments on customer production outages including post-mortems and/or root causes analysis where appropriate
- 3-5+ years’ experience in customer success, escalation management, and enterprise software solution deployment working closely with services, sales, product, and engineering
- Proven track record and passion for making processes and tooling more efficient and usable
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with infrastructure and distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Strong background in OpenShift, SQL, Java/C++, and scripting
- Knowledge of microservices architecture with expertise in Kubernetes / OpenShift or a different container orchestration system
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a genuine commitment to customer success
- Fluent in English
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software or other relevant fields
We are a fast pace, nimble, informal, yet focused and determined, group of individuals.
Here are the elements that define us:
Accountability – NuoDB values accountability. We accept our individual and team responsibilities and we meet our commitments. We take ownership of our performance in all of our decisions and actions.
Action Oriented – NuoDB is action oriented. We take decisive practical action to achieve progress towards results. After identification of a high priority problem, we take near-term action to resolve it.
Continuous Improvement – NuoDB seeks continuous improvement and a desire for feedback in order to constantly product better results.
Open & Transparent – NuoDB values transparency. We operate in such a way that it is easy for others to see what actions are performed. We define this simply as “the perceived quality of intentionally shared information from a sender.”
Respectful Environment – NuoDB promotes a respectful environment. We are respectful of other people’s opinions & values; creating an environment that feels safe.
Results Driven – NuoDB is results driven. We focus on the achievement of key results with less focus on how we get there as long as it is aligned with the rest of our values. Everyone is knowledgeable about our goals and how we are measuring progress against them.
Tenacious & Relentless – NuoDB is tenacious and relentless in its pursuit of achieving corporate goals. No excuses are made about not achieving an objective and we demonstrate a mindset of, “There must be a way!”
NuoDB provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability or genetics.