Overview of NuoDB:
Designed to address the needs of today's businesses as they prepare for the future, NuoDB's elastic SQL database combines the scale-out simplicity, elasticity, and continuous availability that cloud applications require, with the transactional consistency and durability that databases of record demand. Conceived by database innovator Jim Starkey, NuoDB is backed by three former CEOs of the four original relational database companies.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager for product management and product owner activities for NuoDB. As Product Manager, you will drive the product strategy and vision for how our customers deploy, use, operate, and manage NuoDB in the Cloud or on-premises.
In this role, you will collaborate with the entire organization to ensure that we successfully build, deliver and position the best product with features needed by our customers and the market. You will:
- Meet with customers to understand how they are using NuoDB today and how they want to use NuoDB in the future.
- Interface with our sales and services teams to understand market trends and identify growth opportunities.
- Interact with the marketing team to help define our market and competitive positioning.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure clear prioritization and definition of stories for each Agile sprint.
This position is located in Dublin, Ireland and reports to the VP of Products located in Cambridge, MA.
- Define our strategy and roadmap for the SQL and Optimizer capabilities of our next generation elastic and scalable SQL database.
- Engage customers to understand, validate and prioritize their requirements for NuoDB.
- Develop detailed requirements and user stories that clearly articulate the requirements for the engineering teams.
- Work closely with the engineering teams in an agile environment to prioritize, groom and deliver features in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the SQL documentation is clear and concise.
- 5+ years Product Management experience with database technologies.
- Comprehensive understanding of SQL and general database concepts.
- Experience as a Product Owner using Agile development methodologies.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak French would be beneficial.
- Capacity to work in a high growth and fast-paced environment.
- Passion and a "can do" attitude with a desire to make an impact in a start-up organization.
NuoDB provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability or genetics.