Overview of NuoDB:
Designed to address the needs of today's businesses as they prepare for the future, NuoDB's elastic SQL database combines the scale-out simplicity, elasticity, and continuous availability that cloud applications require, with the transactional consistency and durability that databases of record demand. Conceived by database innovator Jim Starkey, NuoDB is backed by three former CEOs of the four original relational database companies.
Overview of the Role:
The Operational Assurance (OA) Team has a broad mission of defining and assessing the “whole product” capabilities for the NuoDB technology, assuring the database is fit for specific customer use-cases, application/systems integration and development, and meets proven Operational Profiles. The OA team is acting as an internal customer of NuoDB who is emulating external customer use cases. The OA team interacts with the NuoDB database at a systems/operational level, building applications, databases, data sets, and testing infrastructure for chaotic, stress, scalability, availability, longevity, and other functional/non-functional scenarios.
For this position we are looking for a DevOps technologist who wants to take advantage of both their development and sysadmin skills. In this role you will be would be responsible for the following:
- Develop continuous delivery pipeline for applications that were developed outside of NuoDB core engineering team. These applications are being used to evaluate capabilities of the primary NuoDB product.
- Extend and improve existing automation tools for on-demand provisioning of testing environments and deployment of tests using virtualized and physical servers. This includes cluster provisioning in AWS, Vagrant, and RackSpace  .
- Architect, implement, and manage cloud and on-premise server clusters required for product testing, workshops, and POC engagements.
- Work on cutting our test execution and build times.
- Work on managing and optimizing AWS utilization and on-prem hardware resources.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience.Have solid CS fundamentals
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation systems such as Jenkins, Travis CI, or GoCD.
- Have practical experience with Linux shell scripts and at least one dynamic language (preferably Python)
- Experience with automated CM and deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, or Ansible
- Linux system administration and knowledge of Linux tools and utilities; experience diagnosing server processes or applications using Linux-based tools
- Ability to manage git repositories and workflows, including branching, tagging, and releasing;
- Knowledge of open source container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesos.
- Hands-on experience using AWS technologies.
- Knowledge of storage and/or network design and administration